Old 09-05-2012, 09:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lightseeker

yep.....it was coming that was for sure. When I first read the title to your thread my first thought was "lucky girl". Earlier today I actually told my counselor that I wished that my ex would have relapsed early on so that our relationship would have/could have ended before so much damage was done.

I know that it's hard....I really do......but I'm glad that you got the information that you need to protect yourself (emotionally and physically). It's really tough to go through all of this, I know. My ex is a crack addict and the sex is definitely a concurrent thing for a whole lot of users.

You might be reeling for a bit as the dust settles but I hope that you are able to reach a place of gratitude sooner rather than later that you have dodged a bullet in the long run. Addiction is a tragedy - but there is nothing that we can do to keep the people that we care about from doing what they are going to do.

Your tag line has become even more important.......don't forget it.....you must let go of the life you imagined....in order to have the life that is waiting for you.....