Old 09-05-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
oneday66

"this is not what recovery looks like.." I feel this in my gut but was so turned around today i actually wasn't sure....i am getting std screen this week

Leslie... That post was not bizarre .... it was an eloquent and clear explanation of a perverse and twisted explanation.....its like we are dating the same guy.... he criticized me over everything.. even how i talk to my friends..... He criticized everyone in his program for how they worked their recovery.... its insane.... its really really twisted and its getting worse the more recovery he gets....
Self loathing.. wow.
I get it.... this disease is really really cunning and baffling...
U are correct... the better i got and the more i stood my ground on thing that i could not tolerate... the crueler he became.... he has a long long road... I realize that for me to my "support" his recovery would equal destroying my self respect and spirit and do him no good...
I used to think that things would get better when he did recovery .... i see now that recovery and staying clean are not even the beginning... and that detachment is for my survival.... thank you everybody...