View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RevivingOphelia
Still I rise.

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
I am also in education, but we went back to school 3 weeks ago. I had always thought that it would be easier not to drink when I was working, because I was busier. Not true. I have spent years rewarding myself with getting through the stress of my job with wine at night. By 2pm each day I find myself looking forward to that glass of wine..again, as a reward. For me, I begin talking myself out of it right then, even before I get home...and like you stated..change your routine!

That being said,today is a holiday and time is just ticking by...I'm very unsettled and usually filling this time also with a few glasses of wine. There is definately an emptiness for alcohol in the beginning, but from what I understand..it does get better
The bolded part is SO me as well!

Well, first day is here and will be thinking of you, Pondlady, and all of us who had a bit of a break over the summer and have to face the workforce w/o our crutch of alcohol.

I also think I'll join you in that after school walk, Pondlady! I need to switch up my routine. Last year, the clock struck a certain time and my mind went to, "Should I or shouldn't I pick up some wine?"

This is going to be very difficult for me. Even w/o work stress, I drank twice this summer (of course due to other stressors...ha!). I just can't slip back into the nightmare of two to three times a week of heavy drinking (never did want to moderate) and feeling like hell the next day. It's no way to live.

Best to you and all.