View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Shutterbug1

I am worried about this too.

Did your husband ever have a long stretch of sobriety since he began or has his drinking been consistent? I'm sorry i don't have much advice, i'm a newbie and i just have my story to share right now. But the replies to my other post have given me a small seed of hope that it is at least possible and there ARE some success stories. The story you shared about the guy who reached 35 years was so amazing, thank you for sharing that.

My ABF started drinking at 14, he is 37 now. He just relapsed after being sober for almost 8 years. Between 14 and 29 he had some periods of sobriety from going to rehabs and working the programs....but these past 8 years have been his longest stretch of time sober since he began having a problem. He lost his job and that put him over the edge but the negative thinking started before he lost the job, his worldview began to get very bleak. He is in rehab now for 30 days....i'm glad he is getting help but i am feeling very shaky about our future together. He did so well for so long, i hope he gets there again....and stays there.