View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Liz, what do you think is going on? Or, is this just more or less the norm for him? You?

dandylion
This is normal, and has been for quite some time. When I met him, he was a neat freak and super type A about how he lived and took care of stuff. I was very impressed at how clean his apartment was and how organized things were. Over the years the lazy factor has crept up and I know it's also part of his adult ADHD type stuff too. I guess I'm just tired of coming home and walking around the house 'taking care of stuff' and the things I mentioned were just the few things that I took care of. There's plenty of other little 'messes' around here that I'm not touching and leaving for him to clean up.

I just needed somewhere to vent, I'm used to it and accept that this is how he is. I just didn't want to blow up at him because that would be detrimental to any peace we have in the house right now.

Here's a good one to laugh at.
About the dog: she is 15 years old and yes, does have a bladder infection. I have her on meds for pain and antibiotics. Of course, AH did not give her any of her meds. UGH!!!
So, she has a spot that we made for her in the family room: carpet padding folded up with plastic sheeting covering it and then towels thrown over top. The towels get peed on and I usually throw them in a corner on the back porch until I have about 4-5 of them and then wash them. My AH chooses to throw them on the floor of the laundry room. If you open the laundry room door you are hit with the smell of urine so bad it will make you gag. I ask him why he does this instead of throwing them outside. He says it so he'll be more motivated to wash them more often. Inside my little head, it's screaming:"SO WASH THEM!!!!! Don't let them sit on the floor of my laundry room, which is right next to the kitchen. ICK!" So, what usually happens is that I let it go for another day and then can't stand it anymore and wind up doing the wash myself. Is he being passive aggressive? Am I? All part of the madness.

And, he prides himself on being cleaner and neater than anyone else in his family. UMMM, maybe that's because you're married to me, LOL!