View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
EternalQ

Backbeat, I am glad you are here, too.

You have lots of friends here. All I can offer is to say that I had all those thoughts too in the beginning and more. How will I ever date again? How will I ever do anything again is what it came down to. Well it seems that was all my addiction talking.

In a week it will be seven months and all those worries have proven not to be true. I feel more real than I have ever felt. I have the strength, power, and judgement of my age on my side, and sobriety as my lense. I am making good decisions for myself, decisions I could have made years ago if I had not become hooked on alcohol.

Everything that stopped in me and in my life is finding life again. Slowly, but surely, only as fast or much as I can handle. I have to say, it literally feels like a miracle to me.

I don't get it. But inside sobriety all my unlived dreams have been waiting for me, all this time. It is hard to describe. But you deserve the same, and it will automatically happen, if you stick with your decision. Take the long view, backbeat. It will not fail you.