Old 09-01-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NatalieN

You are so right ReadyAndAble. Because I stayed sober I was able to have a wonderful talk with my oldest daughter, the source of the sad news. She is in an unstable marriage and her crisis have a way of affecting me very negatively. I feel responsible for her poor conflict resolution skills. I drank throughtout her formative years. You are right that it turned out to be a great day after all. The talk we had was wonderful. I was calm and supportive. Explained to her that she is responsible for her emotional recovery and that it is ok to leave a bad relationship and get help. I could have never done this if I drank. When drinking, I always believed it was always her fault. I see better now. Things are clearer and I am able to observe the circumstances from a removed place as alcohol no longer has me entangled in relationships that aren't my business.

I am so grateful for this realization. I feel like the universe is holding my hand and somehow know sobriety is responsible. I love my sober lmperfect life.

Thanks,

Natalie