Thread: 8 months today
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

8 months today

And I'm sooooo glad to be sober.

I volunteered at a film society event last night. The ticket included free drinks. My job was to make sure people didn't leave the beer garden with a drink in their hand. Ironic huh?

Anyway, all the drinking didn't really bother me. It was the people who began to bug me, but by then it was 9:30 and I was ready to go. It was at an old amusement park and that part was really fun. I'm so glad I volunteered. Not all their events are booze filled so I'll be volunteering again.

Where I'm at: I feel like I've come a looooong way. My personal and social life is wonderful. I'm so happy with it. My work life SUCKS.

I'm agonizing over whether I should stay at my job and try to make it work, or whether I should go. I'm not sure whether me leaving my job is the equivalent of me running (which is something I would have done when drinking).

I acknowledge some of the things I've been criticized over. But other issues I completely disagree with, feel I'm being singled out. The other part of me thinks this is an issue of survival, and I want to maintain my already good career path.

So I don't want to stick around and have my career, and day to day life at work get worse, and I don't want to up and quit. hmph.

Anyway, I'm sober and that's amazing. Life is great on this side. I don't know what I was doing on the other side, why I rationalized it so much, why I struggled with just putting down the drink! I held onto it for dear life, couldn't imagine life without it. Now, that seems like a ridiculous notion.

Thanks SR and all you guys out there supporting me. I love you all.