Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by katiedid722 View Post
Right now - my mind is going through the all too familiar scenario of the fact that I want to be a "normal" drinker. I'm sitting at work talking to my co-worker about her going on vacation to San Diego next week. She talks about the rooftop bar at her hotel ... they are going to have a couple drinks and see where the night takes them. OH HOW I WISH I COULD DO THAT!!! My wedding is a little over a month away, and I know everyone will be sipping on cocktails... getting to that pleasurable feeling after a couple, without the fear of going over the edge. I want that SO BAD. Why??? How many times do I have to prove to myself that I can't drink like other people? I go to lengths of even saying well - my fiance will just help me... he'll tell me when we need to go. He already told me that the stipulation would be I can't drink w/o him... then I made the proposal that i don't drink at all. It's been 37 days - the first time I lasted 6 months. It's been harder this time i think.
Katie, are you going to AA meetings regularly?

If you can do this without the meetings... go for it.

If you can't, if you are an alcoholic as described in AA's "The Doctors Opinion" and "How It Works". If you are an alcoholic like me you need the meetings.

All the best.

Bob R