View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dreamygal

My Story and in need of support.

Good Morning All my name is Melanie

Well, i have been an alcoholic since 2005, I am 35 and live in San Diego, I moved out to the US in 2005 when i met my husband who is American. We have 2 children together. I am British.

Before i came to the US my nana died, she had brought me up and it was a huge loss for me, not being able to attend the funeral was horrid, this is when i started drinking, a move to the US with a 2 year old child and the new culture and home sickness really made life hard.

There is to much to tell but i have been sectioned for mental illness brought on by my drinking, my 10 year old found me nearly dead on the floor with a alcohol level of .4 . CPS were called but they found no reason to visit and the case was dropped. I am a good mom but could be a lot better. I must do this now before this kills me!

My marriage is suffering, my weight is down to 120 at 5.9 and i can not eat or drink without vomiting, my liver also hurts. I was drinking two bottles of wine a day. Yesterday I was so ill that i have decided to come back here and become sober. I have campril which helps with the cravings, so that's a good thing

I am a shell of my former self, my Degree in Mortuary Sciences has just fallen by the wayside, i am not the mom, friend or wife i want to be and i would rather be dead than live like this any longer, so please join me on my journey as i will be posting daily, thank you for listening, knowing i am not alone is a massive benefit to me.