View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
pauladmits

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
the thing about booze, is that you THINK you can drink normal, but sooner or later you wind up back at the bottom of the pit...because if you are like me....there is NEVER enough wine, beer, vodka and all the experimenting in the world gives you that same old result.

i think going to bars and the whole social thing needs a major overhaul for you. at least for a few months. what's going to happen when the holidays hit you?
What's ironic is I drank much less going to the bar than I do at home. I had two beers the entire night. But I honestly do not go to the bar very much. I used to 3-4 times a week 3 years ago, but I've probably been to a bar maybe 4 times in the past 2 years. My problem is being alone, which is weird because it's the complete opposite of how I used to be. Couple years ago I would be fine being alone, but drank like a mad man when I was with friends. Now I drink alone and lock it up when I'm around friends. Mostly I think it's because of my gf. She doesn't drink and she doesn't like me drinking a lot going out, so when I'm with her I rarely drink very much. I'll get 2-3 beers at a restaurant if we have dinner, and that's about it.