View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sapling

I did inpatient detox for alcohol....I was bad enough I was in for five days....And I can tell you....These people know what they are doing...If you were trying to do this on your own I'd be concerned for you. You will feel great relief when you get there and are under their care...Trust me. You're like me...I had to think of everything that could possibly go wrong and damn near drive myself nuts...All for not....It went fine. Like I said...They've done this before and know what's going on. You are right about the intake...Write any questions down you have and bring that with you...Be honest with the doctor and ask what he/she thinks is the best route for you to take. Try not to worry about your kids...What you are doing is an amazing thing and takes a lot of courage...It is for you...But they will win out too....Just be positive....Keep an open mind in rehab...Start thinking about what after treatment program you want to use...You can look into that now...Ask questions....Pray...Have faith things will be OK...Because if you put your heart into this....Things will be OK. Good for you....It's a great first step.