View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Becron

Thanks for info and advice. I'm calling them I've wrote down your suggested question and will be asking. I did ask them how they detox and they said the dr always uses suboxone but there are other ways but they are more (as they said it) dragged out and bothersome for the patient. I am on xanax 1mg 3 times a day and ussually only take two I was diagnosed with crohns disease many yrs ago and was put on high doses of prednisone which caused major long term anxiety I still get panic attacks but not often I take two a day to maintain it in my system because my dr said that having it in my system will control anxiety before it starts. I will ask them if they are going to make me stop taking that I've heard that withdrawal is worse but I'm going in for opiates not benzos but they might see any controlled substance as a noo no maybe??? I just want option and like you said to be an active part of my recovery. If I choose not to go the suboxone route then I might as they say be more miserable. And have a dragged out detox but if that's what I choose I don't understand why they made it sound like that's a bad decision? Hopefully when I finally see the dr there he will be more supportive. Thanks again.