View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Becron

nervous someone please talk to me.

I started a thread yest under substance abuse which explains my story up till now. Its to much to re type. Here I am today preparing my life before I enter inpatient detox and treatment ext wk. I find it very stressful as I'm really sick while trying to make sure my kids are cared for while I'm gone I'm going to be gone there first wk back to school. (Which brings about a lot of guilt).. I'm in the process of taking time off work whic isn't a problem. I'm scared of this whole proccess going in for opiate detox doc vics and percs at 20 per day. I have no clue what to expect in a detox center or what rehab is like. They have told me a bit but that's from a proffessional stand point. And as a health care proffesional myself I know there advice to me as a patient isn't exactly what its like they are coming from there exp as a day to day job. One other thing that has me worried is this whole detox with suboxone. Last month I went to a clinic and was given sub to take when I got home I was sick for 3 days I did nott like the exp at all. This is what brought me to where I am now going in patient but I'm not sure I want to go the route of sub do I have that choice there or do they make me take it?? I don't want to be stuck on it forever. After my exp the first time with it I'm so scared the way I felt mentally from it was the worst. I'm happy I will have proffessionals watching over me though that helps my fears. What I'm asking from everyone on here is. If you've done inpatient opiate program any advice please experiance and all around what is it like?? What was it like for you where you glad you went that route or wish you'd done it alone?? One other concern will this be on my med record can I lose my job?? Any advice personal exp pleaaaase.