View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
justhadenough

Originally Posted by pauladmits View Post
I don't entirely get this. When it comes to promises, trust is the issue. I do not want to promise that I will never drink again and drink two days or 10 days later. I just do not believe in "promises". I believe in action. I can promise every day that I will never drink a sip of alcohol in my life, but I can also promise that I will probably break that promise. So what is the point? I want to develop a mentality that doesn't want to drink, not forces myself not to drink.

And I have really enjoyed my "recovery" so far because I have put a lot in to it.
Do you think you are going to wake up one day and have just developed the mentality overnight that doesn't want to drink? For me, and what I've learned from others this only happens after an extended period of living life sober.

You seem to stay sober for couple of days then drink-surely this cycle will just continue unless something changes. I know you say you don't want posts which suggest alternatives but if you don't change anything then the cycle will just continue.