Thread: Trying again
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ready4change12

Trying again

Hello everyone. I am a 32 year old mother of 3 boys and a stay at home mom. I have struggled with alcoholism most of my adult life, although I used to just think I was having fun. Over the past year I have tried to quit several times, after realizing that it wasn't fun anymore. This time last year I quit for 3 weeks, but then I thought I would just have a few drinks one saturday night, and well I didnt quit again until May. I went to the doctor one day in May because my bloodpressure was ridiculously high. I had labs done and found out I had a high liver enzyme count and was told to cease all alcohol use and go back for hepatitis tests. Well, I quit drinking alright, for six weeks this time. I felt great, I was working out and eating right, I was able to keep up with my household obligations, and was genuinely happy. I never did have the hep test, I couldn't afford it, but i felt so healthy I didnt think anything could be wrong. my BP was back to normal, and i had lost 25 lbs. Until one night, I just wanted to have some fun... Well that one night turned into a 2 month bender, and that has brought me here. I regained the symptoms I had before, and my household has fallen appart. things arent getting done, and I can't keep up with my family. I have come to realize I am not a person that can just cut loose one night, and I dont want this life anymore, so yesterdday after waking up with a horrible hangover, I decided this time I might need some support. So there is my back story, sorry its long and full of run ons, I haven't slept and when I do I get the awful night sweats.. YUCK. I got through the withdrawls before, and hopefully, I will do it again, this time for the last time!