Old 08-26-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by LifeBlows View Post
I was off yesterday and I just forgot to do laundry. During the summer what my mother likes to do to save money is to hang the clothes outside to dry. I've been doing that but since I forgot to do laundry yesterday and need a clean uniform for work in about an hour and a half I threw everything in the drier. I thought it would be okay because its the weekend and the rates are lower but she's still upset. I'm trying to see it from her point of view. She pays the bills and she's trying to cut down where she can I get that. I just feel upset that she's upset. I want to drink to hide. I feel resentful because it seems like my mum always has to say something. I've been putting my laundry out every other time. I just forgot this time. I know that I cannot change her I have to change my reaction. But it still really bother's me. Am I being unreasonable?
I always feel that way too when I'm called out. You were wrong so yes, you are at fault.
Just say "Sorry, Mom", give her a hug and carry on. Your feelings will pass and if you don't drink or mouth off to Mother you will have a better day tomorrow.

All the best.

Bob R

Looking at your LifeBlows username reminded me of this important adage ...

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Life doesn't blow, just our outlook and acceptance of it does. No disrespect intended.