View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by fourmaggie View Post
I so agree with this QUOTE!! and that is what a 12 step program DOES!

Liz....aren't you tired now? its the merry ago round....its the same thing all the time...

maybe its time for you to go on a holiday ALONE and think things through...just a thought
Of course I'm tired now, yet at the same time I feel awesome. I smile more and have more lift in my step(if that makes sense) and that's because I'm working my 12 step program, I'm meeting regularly with my sponsor, I'm going back to church, I've joined a neighborhood church group, and I'm living MY life as I need to. So, even though I still get caught up in his attitude and crap, I am working on ME, too.

I am watching him spin his wheels in the mud right now. He's not used to me like this. I used to go to him and make him talk and let him verbal vomit all over me and then I'd feel sorry for him and have sex with him and make things all right. I used to listen to him rant and rave about crap, now I leave the room. I used to always say YES, and now I know I can say NO. I'm growing and he doesn't like it. And, that's OK, too.