View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
washbe2

((TJP)))) I think you have mad some wise, well-thought out choices for now...giving it just a little more time, not slamming the door, but not jumping in without much thought and a plan.

If he could get youthful offender status, that would be wonderful. Talk with the atty. about that. As far as medical treatment in jail, in my experience, it is almost non-existent. Yes, there is a nurse and inmates may get a bandaid, but there is little money for medical needs in any jail I've had experience with. You might talk to others in your area about it.

I have felt that wretched agnony of a son in jail talking suicide. Though most don't, as mamas, it's hard to put the thought our of our minds. Thinking about the what ifs is dreadful. My son is not in jail currently, but is threatening suicide. I don't think he will, but what if I'm wrong? If I'm wrong or right, there's still nothing I can do unless I want to walk the dark road with him for illegal substances. I won't. He is withdrawing now, but not by choice. Tough to see and know about.

Thank you for all of your past posts which have helped me so much. I know you are going to get through this no matter what you decide. And we will be here for you no matter what you decide. I understand and care.