Thread: Back again :(
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
youngun

Back again :(

Hi all,

This is unfortunately not the first time I've tried sobriety, but hopefully it will be the last. I managed two weeks of not drinking earlier in the year (which is ridiculous) and then completely fell off the wagon and have been going off on benders every weekend. I have been doing this since I was around 17.

Last night was a real wake up call as I took things far too far. I freaked my brother out - apparently I was falling over and completely confused as to where I was and who he was. I don't remember anything as I always blackout for at least a few hours. I had been drinking all day and hadn't eaten. To make things worse I completely disgraced myself in front of my superior who came for a drink with me. She drank about 2/3 drinks whilst I proceeded to get completely bladdered despite my best intentions to keep it to a minimum. My lack of self control with alcohol is shocking and frightening. The regret/remorse/embarrassment today has been unbearable.

Thanks for listening, hopefully the saying 'third time lucky' will prove true...

Hope you're all doing well with your own battles,
Young 'un x