Old 08-25-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
behindblueyes

13 days sober, so far lost job and all my friends.

Sorry for the many posts lately but I feel like I am being punished for being sober. I have had to get rid of all my friends since they all drink and just lost my job last Friday. I have been staring at the wall depressed and angry wondering what the point in all this is?

I lost my internet and cable is next. I live in a very small town and have been to six AA meetings but people run out the door and don't seem to want to talk after meetings. One of my drinking buddies actually asked me to go drinking tomorrow knowing I am done with that lifestyle. She told me to bring my child to a cookout with drunks. I am enraged that of the 10+ friends I had this is the only time I ever hear from them. I was dating someone who is also done with me because I told him I can't have beer around. He can drink socially. I feel like I am cutting myself off from the world.

Usually I would be so busy with work I wouldn't care. I was 40+ hours as a front desk guard and talked to over 100 people a day. Now I talk to the wall. I was one week sober when fired and can't find a job which is pushing me to pick up alcohol to numb the anxiety and stress.

Right now the only thing stopping me is if I start I know I won't quit for days. Any advice on depression/boredom? Thanks.