View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Not sure of which ones but a few anti-depressants were shown to INCREASE cravings in alcoholics. Also, the drinker can get drunk much quicker when mixing the meds with booze.
Yes, and this was the reason why I called his psychiatrist last fall to 'tell on him' and ask if his behavior was normal. He saw it as me trying to control him and decided to retaliate and drink even more even after the psych. doc told him NOT to drink even a beer. He knew the risks but continued escalating the drinking in an attempt to "I'll show Liz. I'll just keep pounding the beer to get back at her for caring so much." And, yes, his doctor explained to him that I called out of caring and fear and AH even agreed that he understood my motivation. Deep down, he didn't want to change nor give up the drinking.

He eventually admitted that he felt that the Paxil increased his desire to drink. So, after he admits this he continued to stay on the Paxil and eventually went back to drinking. I know, I know.....why am I staying with him? UGH!