View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Sort of OT - Asking for prayers

I've often posted about my most wonderful mechanic, David, and how he always has a smile on his face, great faith and is just a wonderful guy.

I'd known him for about 4 years before I found out he has a daughter who has been MIA on drugs for about a decade, though he knows all about MY history. She had a son, A, who has spina bifida and Dave and his wife have raised him as their own.

Dad ran into Dave when he went to get his hair cut (Dave has NO hair, but A does ) Dave's wife has an inoperable brain tumor and is going through chemo. We didn't realize he had another daughter, but he must as he also has a SIL who is dying.

I'm going by his shop on Monday to give him a big hug and make sure he has my phone number with him (I know it's on his rolodex but that stays at the shop). I'm going to offer to help in any way I can. They have a ton of friends, active in church, but still. His wife brought me home, one day, when he needed to keep my car. I can sit with her or run errands or something.

These are good, good people and it's definitely one of those "why do bad things happen to good people?" The man has a lot on his plate, but he has been a role model for me that no matter what happens, deal with it, have faith and keep a good attitude.

I know how powerful SR prayers are, and I'm also going to put him on the prayer chain at work (mom-Kay is in charge of it). Thank you all.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy