Sort of OT - Asking for prayers

Old 08-25-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sort of OT - Asking for prayers

I've often posted about my most wonderful mechanic, David, and how he always has a smile on his face, great faith and is just a wonderful guy.

I'd known him for about 4 years before I found out he has a daughter who has been MIA on drugs for about a decade, though he knows all about MY history. She had a son, A, who has spina bifida and Dave and his wife have raised him as their own.

Dad ran into Dave when he went to get his hair cut (Dave has NO hair, but A does ) Dave's wife has an inoperable brain tumor and is going through chemo. We didn't realize he had another daughter, but he must as he also has a SIL who is dying.

I'm going by his shop on Monday to give him a big hug and make sure he has my phone number with him (I know it's on his rolodex but that stays at the shop). I'm going to offer to help in any way I can. They have a ton of friends, active in church, but still. His wife brought me home, one day, when he needed to keep my car. I can sit with her or run errands or something.

These are good, good people and it's definitely one of those "why do bad things happen to good people?" The man has a lot on his plate, but he has been a role model for me that no matter what happens, deal with it, have faith and keep a good attitude.

I know how powerful SR prayers are, and I'm also going to put him on the prayer chain at work (mom-Kay is in charge of it). Thank you all.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Prayers for Dave and for his family. That's a lot of troubles for one family to carry.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amy, I will be praying for David, his wife, SIL, and all who love them your a good friend they are luck to have you.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh Amy, I will definitely put Dave, his wife, and SIL on my prayer list!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Okay, have added Dave and his family to my three prayer circles.

My prayers too go out for Dave and his family.

Love and hugs,
Old 08-25-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Amy, David and his family are in my prayers for peace and healing
Teresa
Old 08-25-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very kind of you to think of him and his family. Sounds like a lot to carry. Hope all goes well.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You guys are awesome, though I already knew that The thought that keeps coming to my mind is, if I weren't in recovery, I wouldn't appreciate Dave and his family so much. I wouldn't stop by his shop just for a hug and to let him know how I'm doing.

There has to be a lesson in all this, and I'm not sure what it is, but the overwhelming feeling is "thank you God, I can be there for Dave and his family"

Dave is like a big old teddy-bear I can hug I'm grateful that I can offer help in any way, and he is tickled pink with my progress.

Can't wait until Monday when I can get my bear hug from him and let him know i am here for him. Gotta love recovery

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Being of assistance to them might be just the break you need from your own mayhem at home, Amy. It's so nice of you to offer....I hope they take you up on it.

Prayers going up.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Prayers offered for Dave and his loved ones...and for you, too.

SR prayers are indeed powerful...

Blessings and peace.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

More prayers for David and his family are being sent up. They're fortunate to have you for a friend.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

They are lucky to have a friend like you. And I have to agree- SR prayers are pretty darn powerful. More being sent
Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Praying for Dave and his family Amy.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I stopped by David's shop today (it was closed yesterday) and it does not sound good. To me (former RN), it sounds as if his wife may have had a stroke, but he has a call in to her dr. She's not moving her right arm/leg. His SIL is only 41 and it's just a matter of time. There is nothing that can be done (another type of cancer)

I wrote my number on a business card, told him to put it in his wallet (he did) and call me for ANYTHING other than fixing cars I also told him he and his family were on many, many prayer lists and he was very grateful.

Though I'm sad, I'm also grateful. I'm in recovery and can BE there for a friend. I also have the greatest prayers in the world (SR prayers) doing their thing

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-28-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

My prayers are with Dave and his family. He may have a lot on his plate, but he has a real blessing in you. Way to go - to give back!!