View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

Parts of this thread infuriate me.
I did not come from an alcoholic home, I did not like some adrenelin rush from being lied to, I did not understand the merry-go-round, I did not get any of it, all I knew was that the man I had just married started drinking before I even got up and had a cup of coffee, and I was completely blind-sided by it all. Long distance relationships can have surprises!

I am not a "codie" in some form of the word in that I want to control other people all the time, and I certainly don't want to rescue them. I sure do want the people in my life to act as sane normal people. Yeah, what's normal...well there is normal. Normal is about thought patterns, and only sober people even have a shot at normal thought patterns...and having lived with an alcoholic for ten years I can say with certainly they don't even REMEMBER what transpired afterwards, so how in the hell can they judge it?

So I am infuriated that it is insinuated that I sought out this crazy lifestyle, and that I get some kind of "kick" out of it. I was HORRIFIED. I was ignorant, stupidly so maybe, gullible, vulnerable, and clueless...I will give you that.