Old 08-23-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
candi7

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
Not good at AA. Nervous around people, not very step sequential but I felt after the accident yesterday (reference old posts). Walked to the meeting, didn't trust the truck, and somewhere along the time I raised my hand and just talked. Thought I was going to throw up. But I did it. after the meeting I was putting chairs away and this guy came up and said he was a body man, let's look at that truck. So I guess its my twisted way of saying its not so much the steps as the steps someone will take.
The first few times I shared was like vomiting my emotions and man-everyone spoke directly to me and gave me answers-they totally understood me. I had people giving up on me and they were like, you are in the right place. These people have watched me grow and now I try to share from my experience, strength and hope...Today we had a great meeting and they were glad to hear from me today-some said, it was a way to remind them what it was like at 95 days sober...Keep going, you will see good results..