View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mammyof3boys

Oh what a crazy night...

I joined this forum back in Christmas of 2011. After watching my sister have it out with my father at my home and essentially ruining Christmas. All from too much alcohol.
And yes I've had my faults since than, had 3 months sober. Than a while later a month sober, there have definitely been some mistakes and miss steps in my recovery, but I'm trying.
As I said the other day I am on vacation with my parents and sister. It's been 2 very long weeks. I slipped and had some wine Monday night. And I'm back again trying to stay sober these last couple of days. My husband came to join us these last 2 days of our trip.
So my husband and I took our boys out to eat for dinner. It was really nice and then we went down to the beach and took photos and played soccer. And I drank club soda! It was great.
I got back to the house we are staying in to find my Mom alone. Her health isn't great. She said my dad and sister left at 2 and had yet to return, it was now almost 8. She was afraid my dad might drink and drive. I reassured her all was ok. I tried my sisters phone, it was turned off.
So my sister came in about 830, Very drunk. She picked up my 11 month old son and carried him up a flight of stairs and into my moms room. I was there. She said don't be mad at dad and she raised her voice. And I told her to quiet down, that mom had been worried. I said you should have called, even ask the bartender for a phone and call. She tiffed at me and went to leave down this flight of stares with my son. I asked for him. She handed him to me and went downstairs screaming and acting crazy in front of my other kids. Saying I was an "fing w*itch" and how she did so much for me. I told her to calm down and I tried to walk away from her. I said that she acting crazy, I'm sure it didn't help the situation. But she wouldn't get away from me.he was scaring my kids do much. I told her, I won't lie, that she was drunk and crazy. She was ready to hit me.
I know this is a long post. I'm just thinking that his is a sign from God or some higher power showing me what alcohol has to offer me. My kids, despite my shortcomings, do not witness violence and anger like this in my home. My father came in and calmed her as much as he could. I guess he's also to blame for bringing her out. What a great future for this 23 year old. She was so insistent on wanting a peaceful trip for my Mom, with her health so poor. It was a nightmare. I don't think I will ever forgive her , I thought Christmas was bad, at least my kids slept through that.
I have a bed blocking my door. I'm actually afraid for my family. Thank God my husband was here. Even though he just witnessed more crazy behavior from my family.