Notices

Oh what a crazy night...

Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh what a crazy night...

I joined this forum back in Christmas of 2011. After watching my sister have it out with my father at my home and essentially ruining Christmas. All from too much alcohol.
And yes I've had my faults since than, had 3 months sober. Than a while later a month sober, there have definitely been some mistakes and miss steps in my recovery, but I'm trying.
As I said the other day I am on vacation with my parents and sister. It's been 2 very long weeks. I slipped and had some wine Monday night. And I'm back again trying to stay sober these last couple of days. My husband came to join us these last 2 days of our trip.
So my husband and I took our boys out to eat for dinner. It was really nice and then we went down to the beach and took photos and played soccer. And I drank club soda! It was great.
I got back to the house we are staying in to find my Mom alone. Her health isn't great. She said my dad and sister left at 2 and had yet to return, it was now almost 8. She was afraid my dad might drink and drive. I reassured her all was ok. I tried my sisters phone, it was turned off.
So my sister came in about 830, Very drunk. She picked up my 11 month old son and carried him up a flight of stairs and into my moms room. I was there. She said don't be mad at dad and she raised her voice. And I told her to quiet down, that mom had been worried. I said you should have called, even ask the bartender for a phone and call. She tiffed at me and went to leave down this flight of stares with my son. I asked for him. She handed him to me and went downstairs screaming and acting crazy in front of my other kids. Saying I was an "fing w*itch" and how she did so much for me. I told her to calm down and I tried to walk away from her. I said that she acting crazy, I'm sure it didn't help the situation. But she wouldn't get away from me.he was scaring my kids do much. I told her, I won't lie, that she was drunk and crazy. She was ready to hit me.
I know this is a long post. I'm just thinking that his is a sign from God or some higher power showing me what alcohol has to offer me. My kids, despite my shortcomings, do not witness violence and anger like this in my home. My father came in and calmed her as much as he could. I guess he's also to blame for bringing her out. What a great future for this 23 year old. She was so insistent on wanting a peaceful trip for my Mom, with her health so poor. It was a nightmare. I don't think I will ever forgive her , I thought Christmas was bad, at least my kids slept through that.
I have a bed blocking my door. I'm actually afraid for my family. Thank God my husband was here. Even though he just witnessed more crazy behavior from my family.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What an ugly scene. Can you leave in the morning?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I plan to. Tomorrow is our last full day. I can hear her outside my door cursing and saying it was gang up on me night. She was drinking vodka all day. It is ugly. I want no part of it. My 5 year old was so scared.

Ruined by alcohol... Again.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry for all my spelling errors. I'm on my iPhone in the dark.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad your husband is with you and the children. Try to rest, she will be sleeping it off in the morning and you can't get your things packed up. I am sad your 5 year old was scared - children look to adults to know all is right with the world.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

can you leave tonight? so the kids dont have to be scared? that is a shame, that they are frightened.
if she threatens you , call police.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My Dads a lieutenant. Can there be anymore dysfunction?
We are all sleeping in the same room. And I pulled my bed rail in front of the door so no one can open it.
She's not threatening me but I'm afraid. I tired to walk away ftom her and she kept following me. I said calm down, quiet down. But she kept following me. My Dad was screaming at her, saying she ruined the day.
All alcohol. She toldy his and when she came home that my dad had to take her out for food because he didn't want her coming on to my Mom so drunk.
She sitting out there talking to herself now.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am sorry you had to endure all of that. If it is any consolation, a lot of families are crazy. I know mine is. Heck, mine don't even need alcohol although that has been a factor in the past as well.
I suspect your sister will wake up at some point with that terrible immediate fear of 'oh no, what have I done' feeling that most of us have experienced. I know I have. You are in such a better place than she will be once it dawns on her exactly what has happened.
Be safe and just get through this until you can get back to a more sane condition. Won't be long now
Old 08-22-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll leave as soon as possible Mammy - doesn't seem like a good place for your kids to be at all.

D
Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree! Thanks. I keep waking up and looking around. She was texting me but I ignored it. Like I said its yet another wake up call. Something is going to change. That something is me.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm sooo sorry... she sounds like my older sister, it's sad that the kiddos had to see it but in ur heart u know that they have a safe place with u at home, and they know that too
Old 08-23-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Mammy, if I put myself in the company of practicing drunks I have to expect drama and chaos. My choice.
I love my family but there are a few I don't like and don't spend much time with. It's best that way.

All the best.

Bob R

Bob R
Old 08-23-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You are right, 2granddaughters. What else should I expect? I'm leaving shortly. She's still here and still crazy. I will never forget this night. Another wake up call to the abuse of alcohol. So much of what I don't want for my children.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mammyof3boys View Post
You are right, 2granddaughters. What else should I expect? I'm leaving shortly. She's still here and still crazy. I will never forget this night. Another wake up call to the abuse of alcohol. So much of what I don't want for my children.
I really think you are being an excellent role model for your children. There will be chaos in life and although you never wanted your kids to witness something like this, they did and your getting the hell outta dodge sends a power message to the little ones that this behavior is not acceptable. Bravo, Mammy, B.R.A.V.O.!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Honestly, I would have left immediately.

There is no reason to spend any amount of time with people like that.

I hope that you will not put your children and yourself into a situation like that again and good for you for continuing to work on your recovery.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that your vacation ended this way. Ya know, earilier I posted that I could not walk away from my family - that is only partly true. Funny how the mind works. When I posted I was thinking about my current relationships which are strong and good.

I neglected to recall the most difficult part of my history. I like to leave it shoved into the recesses somewhere. Long ago, I had to walk away from my dad. I had to. It was gut retching. I grew up as daddy's little girl. He died an alcoholic. That story will have to wait for some other day - but for now, I get it, and you have to do what you have to do.

Sending many prayers...
Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Safe travels home. I'd make it clear to your sister she is not welcome around your family until she sobers up.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mammyof3boys View Post
Something is going to change. That something is me.
This is really encouraging. Focus on yourself right now. Do what you need to do to keep yourself sober.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I feel badly for your mother too. being in poor health and being subjected to screaming, ranting and raving. Your sister is very selfish in her actions.

I'm sure that part of the reason you stayed was to get the kids some rest and get a start in the morning if you are driving. I gather you have a baby and a 5 year old, so it's a process to get on the road, fed, bathed etc.

you can spend time with your mother separately in your own home where there is calmness later. You can choose not to serve alcohol too.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yes it would have been very difficult to leave than. I actually have 3 boys aged 11 months, 5 and 6. And my husband is so upset that my children witnessed this behavior.
And my Mom has stage 4 cancer. My sister was so set on this being a great and relaxing trip for my Mom. What a joke. My m