Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sasha4

Was your Dad legally prescribed methadone for his pain problem by a doctor?

Why was your Dad's job at stake because of the methadone? Was it because he cannot do his job on methadone due to safety issues? Or was it becasue he was abusing it or obtaining it illegally?

I don't understand why some people who have severe chronic pain problems that responds to opiate treatment, claim they are addicted and have to come off it? As long as their dose does not escalate or they start to abuse it then often there is no other treatment option. Thats not medical advice, just my opinion from experience. I wouldn't expect you to know the answer. It' not your job to so, it's your mums and dad's.

To me he has replaced the pills with booze.
And surely he is at risk of loosing his job through drink more?

He does not mean what he says at all.
He is probably so exhausted from the pain that is relebtless that he is lashing out and know's he should'nt. He's also self medicating with booze which makes everything a lot worse.
To be in pain all the time and having someone (not saying you) questioning his use of painkillers and booze must be hard for him if he struggles every minute.

With the greatest of respect I also think that you need to leave this with the professionals and your mom. I know you want to help and you can, but you need to help yourself first. To have this on your shoulders is not fair, your young.

Have you anyone you can talk to? A friends parent, a counsellor etc who might be able to help you understand all your feelings?

I wish you the best xxxx