View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
SadinNJ

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
After you've been away from them for a while, after you've started looking within and realizing the part you played, you stop wanting them back and start asking yourself what the hell you were doing with them in the first place.
My story is a new one. I noticed an increase in drinking about 18 months ago...around the time our little april was born. I also noticed a depression starting. Found that it ran in his family. His father was also an alcoholic but has been sober 25+ years.

Financial troubles from a failing biz is also in my forcast.

He has never laid a hand on me or the kids and never verbally abused. He left in March and is still trying to support us so that I don't lose the house.

I feel that his depression and the progressive drinking is the cause although he says that I never really loved him. We have the blame game going on.

I am losing a second family. I have known him 20 which is more than half of my life. He was my best friend first. We were never drinkers. Maybe 2 parties a year...maybe and the alcohol would go dusty from not using. New set of friends were a bad influence....

Am I crazy?