View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
changeschoices

What does he want from me?

So, it's been four months since I made my AXBF move out due to his drinking. We have kept in contact because we have been in touch about him paying me back money he owes me, and eventually because he got sober for two months and was sounding reasonable and things were civil via email. Then he relapsed and has wanted to talk to me on the phone, has emailed me about how he plans to go back to AA, and this week says that he is definitely going and wants to keep in touch with me and let me know how it's going. That he is very serious this time, etc., etc.

At the same time, I can see on Facebook that he is still in contact with all the old bad influences. Also, he knows that I have been dating someone else for the past two months and that I am no longer free to date him.

He wants to talk on the phone and I'm getting weary of this. I am dating a normal guy and I am slowly letting things develop. My anxiety disorder seems to be going into remission and after two difficult job layoffs in the past few years, I moved this summer into a new little house with my children and am feeling optimistic about the affordibility of my new house and just life in general.

I don't understand why my AX wants to talk to me. It seems that I am moving on and he has chosen his old life of depravity again. But then he talks about sobriety and suddenly wants to talk to me again. I feel that I represent sanity to him and that's all well and good, but I feel like I am being used as a support. I said I would always support him in his sobriety efforts, but now I feel annoyed, like he is wasting my time and for what purpose? I feel wary about his desire to stay in contact with me. Why is he trying to keep me around?