View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
4MyBoys
My emotional baggage

Dealing with a very similar situation.....

WTBH,

I have been lurking on this page since I left my husband last August. I have never really felt the need to post yet. I have really watched for posts from you because we have very similar situations. My sbxah takes it to a new level though because he IS a police officer. It got very ugly a month or so ago and reading your post really brought it back to me.

I was away from the website for a couple of months so I did not see what issue with law enforcement you had go against you but I have to say trust in what your lawyers and the courts can do for you. I now have temporary full custody of the boys. He has to see them during supervised visits with a councilor present. ( A real ego crusher for him!) I was able to move schools etc. The boys are now assigned a lawyer to protect their rights that the county pays for.

I would have never, never been able to stand up to him without the courts help. The fight is far from over but I have the kids in a safe environment and for now that is what is most important to me.

The saying that really got me to be able to stand up I gleaned somewhere in these pages. "If I don't protect my boys, I am failing as them as a Mom."

I am no way calling any choices you have made bad. I just realized I had to take my power back and quit letting him control everything. I had been out of the driver seat for so long, it seemed insanely scary but it was the best thing I have ever done for myself and my boys.

If you ever want to email to discuss some of the steps I had to take, please feel free. (not sure how to do that on here......)

4MyBoys