View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
nelley

Mary

I am new here and haven't plucked up the courage to post my story yet. One day I might. I just wanted to say that I am now back at Al Anon due to my ex partners binge drinking. I have been going on and off for nearly 2 years but now realise that it will be a lifetime commitment for me. I relapsed and ended up walking back through their doors even worse than when I originally first walked in 3 Weeks ago. It is never too late. I see it as a start. A small step towards regaining my sanity, my love for myself and self respect. All of which I have lost through my situation. I spent my first two meetings crying from start to finish and to just have people not judge you and explain you are not a bad person and that it isn't your fault, is a truly warm feeling. They understand. And they aren't people who are paid to understand. They understand because they have felt and done the same crazy things you have felt and done. They say that the addict will not get help until they hit their bottom, I also believe that of myself. I had to reach my bottom before I said no more. I will not live with an active alcoholic. The greatest of journies start with the smallest of steps

Be safe
X