View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lesliej

many gifts that are "perfect" on idealistic or spiritual terms really are perfect...
but we as human beings are so perfectly imperfect, and sometimes we need to remember that.
when we, with our beautifully imperfect human spirit, get a hold of love, faith and hope...sometimes we muck it up. sometimes love becomes abusive/addictive/manipulative etc. sometimes faith becomes downright scary! (think of burning crosses...) and, well, hope is just as vulnerable...

I used to pride myself in my ability to hold love, faith and hope as part of my reason to stay with my exABF. sure, there are parts of that sensibility and behavior that have an origin of heart and honor...but even the best parts of us succumb to addiction and codependency...and then those beautiful parts of us get all twisted and tangled too.

it takes a lot of strength, honesty, self awareness and the help of other peoples perspective to get real about what your own hope is really all about. I was told, several months before I was ready to hear it, that hope can become addictive...and then I discovered that that awful aspect of possible truth was true.