View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FenwayFaithful

Good for you!

Your story is kind of similar to mine. I was with a guy I'd known for a long time as friends. Our relationship eventually developed into a romantic one. He was clean and doing really well for a long time then he picked up and everything changes.

Lie, missing money, lost jobs, eviction, mood swings, harsh words...etc and eventually jail. And I gave him a 2nd chance. And now he's in jail again as of two days ago after walking out of Detox.

It's hard and it hurts but we are so much better off without them. We would have our hearts torn to shreds for years while they went off and used.

We are the lucky ones. We can move on and move past this. The addicts we left behind are the ones who lost everything. By leaving we've prevented that and they NEED to hit rock bottom to truly get better.

All staying with him would bring you is heart ache. He isn't going to change until he hits rock bottom and when he does his recovery is going to be a long hard selfish road. He can't give you what you want, need or deserve.

The man you fell in love with isn't the man he is now. Drugs robbed both of you of that.

You did the right thing and you should be so proud of yourself! Please feel free to message me anything because I really do understand what you're going through!