View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xIfearnofatex

No longer scared to say goodbye

First id like to start by saying i love My fiance unconditionally. Ive known him For over 6 years and weve been together For almost 2. He relapsed after being clean For almost 2 years and the difference between the man i fell in love with and the man he is today is scary. Lies, stealing, mood swings, lack of motivation and emotion. I came on here not to seek guidance but to stare literally at the writings of other woman in the same situation as i am. By doing this i realized that unlike these women i am not in denial. I do know that there is a problem and i do know that even though it is not My fault the man i love is an addict the fact i stay with him just enables his actions. Before i thought i stayed to help him find his way down the right path. Now i realize that it was My own selfish reasons that i stayed. I was scared to leave. I left him today. And though it hurts i know it wont be forever. Its up to him to make things right. I left everything up to him. I will keep in contact For now to see if he will go to rehab, through phone only, and will support his recovery 100%. But until then hes on his own. To the women and men who have addicted love ones, i know its hard and i Hope My post can help you say goodbye if needed. It doesnt mean forever but sometimes it might. Just be strong. Love the addict but dont condone the addiction.