View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

I just cannot pray to "something", even gravity or a group of drunks, I just don't get that. I do know there are people who believe they can be strong enough to overcome their addiction on their own power. I do not feel right just going along with group mentality until it sinks in... to me that feels like brain-washing. I really do want to think that there is program that makes sense from the beginning to me.
Pigtails, those thoughts were so well said there, and I could not agree more. There is nothing wrong with your thinking ability in the least. There are lots of people here that have gotten sober on their own power, and I believe that you as much as I, have this power.

I like what Che has to say. If you need God to get sober, what happens if you lose your faith in Him? If you need others to stay sober, what happens when those relationships change?

The only thing that will always be with you is YOU. You have inside of you what you need to do this. There is nothing to be afraid of here, you will succeed simply by knowing that you can.