View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Nazzy View Post
I've benn an alcoholic for more than 10 years. Lost EVERYTHING... Jobs, marriage, house, self respect driver's license and family. Yet I continue to self destruction. It's 7 am and I am now having my eye opening cocktail. Sick.

I've been to rehab countless times. Nothing has worked. I'm scared I'm killing myself and I am. But I just cannot seem to stop. It's at the point if I don't drink, I don't function. I wish someone or something could help me before it's too late. I HATE living like this. All I do is isolate and drink. I can barely get the energy to go to work. In summary, I'm a mess and so is my life.

Any comments are appreciated.

well, welcome to a place none of us ever planned on being. i never went to rehab or detox, but there were many times in my life i shoulda. it was when the pain of getting drunk exceeded the pain of reality and i got to the point of desperation that i went to AA. i was finally willing to do whatever i had to do to get sober and stay sober.
there was more to it than just putting down the drink. i had to put in footwork on lookin at me and changing me. getting sober was a fight, but i finaly had it in my heart that the way i was livin and the thinkin i was using( my own thinkin) so i had to use someone elses thinkin, someone who had been down the same road and understood where i was. i found that in AA. but after that, stayin sober has been pretty easy.

i was once a useless, worthless, hopeless, helpless drunk.
today i have use, worth, hope, and can and want to help others. life really has taken on new meaning!!!

prayers yer way for the courage to change.