Thread: Discouraged...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ljames103

Discouraged...

I've been trying to find some kind of secular face to face meetings in my area for a long time now, and keep coming up with nothing. Not that I don't appreciate online support such as these boards... they can be a lifesaver... but I'm just really really longing for some sort of structured group meeting sort of thing. Like AA but without the higher power stuff.

I've attempted AA a bunch of times, going to different meetings, trying to make it work for me. I actually really wanted it to, because I love the fact that those meetings are so readily available at any time of the day or night, no matter where you are. But I just wasn't feeling it. I know you hear people say all the time how athiests and agnostics always do AA, but it just didn't work for me. I can't pretend to believe in a higher power if I don't.

But yeah... I'm just so bummed that I can't find something that'll work for me. I feel like I could actually have a shot at this! It's silly... I live within an hour from Philadelphia... it's not like I'm in the middle of nowhere. You'd think there would be something for someone like me. Grrr...