View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sophie12

Smile My husband relapsed too

Last night . . he claims he only drank one beer . . but the fact that he stormed my car when I got home from work; slammed me with the car door and chased me down the street pulling my hair and throwing me by my hair leads me to believe it was more than 1 beer - my husband is also violent when he drinks - he's already been arrested once for domestice abuse 2 months ago; the court put a "no harassment" order on him; I could have had him sent down the river for a long time last night; but I didn't . . and no I'm not sure why . . he called his AA sponsor last night and he advised my AH to get out of the house until he sobered up so he left low and behold; he actually listened to the man - he came home a few hours later, walked in went to bed and crashed thank God - while he was gone those few hours I thre my Plan B into full gear and took the opportunity to pack an overnight case for me and my elderly mother that lives with us, and to get all my important paperwork together; it's all in the trunk of my car . . I have a safe house to go to that he does not know where it is and I can take my 4 pets with me too . . I have given myself 90 days, if he relapses again in that time period OR if he does not actively start working a recovery program, be it court appointed or on his own . . I will move out . .we still don't know if he'll go to jail for the last arrest; I do know he will have to take 1 year of Anger Management classes . . that being said, he is no longer #1 in my life, I am . .