View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lillamy

I get extremely angry at problems I have to handle because I am overwhelmed and resentful.
That insight is huge. And wise. At times, I have a hard time seeing that, but it's so important to do. Because otherwise, you just step into the role of being The Victim.

Someone here said about alcoholics that "he's not drinking AT YOU, he's just drinking." I've extended that to apply to other things, too. People aren't doing things AT ME, they're just doing them. How I choose to react to what they're doing is my issue. Thank you for reminding me of that today!

So far, I haven't done anything healthy for myself today (unless you count sprinkling my fruit yogurt with chia seeds, which are supposed to counteract the fast absorbtion of sugar into the blood stream). Tonight, I'm meeting some acquaintances for pizza, and that is healthy. Maybe not the pizza, but me meeting a group of people I don't know real well. My recovery and divorce has changed me to the point where I've lost or left many of my old friends, and building up a new network has to start somewhere. Even when it feels scary to put yourself out there.