View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoBroken
Let Go or Be Dragged

Question Saw this coming a mile away...

Oh boy, here we go. I can tell my ABF has sensed this new found strength in me, as I am beginning to take charge of my own life and move forward, kind of leaving him in the sidelines, shaking his head, wondering what the heck is going on here...! Why am i not reacting when he's pushing all my buttons?? And now he is proposing to make some changes in his life. As I've been thru this before with an AF, and an AexH, i just knew this was coming....He is going to cut back, and just be a (gasp) SOCIAL drinker. Of course I know this doesnt work, but im not quite sure how to handle this in terms of what i say to him....Do i encourage him even tho i know its an impossibility? Do i praise him for at least attempting some type of change? Do i come right out and tell him there is no way he can ever be a social drinker? ( i think on some level, he has to know this already, not?) Right now I just kinda said "good for you, I hope you are able to accomplish your new goals." I reminded him that there are lots of places for him to find help and support and encouraged him to utilize those options. I told him while he is working on his personal goals, I will continue to work on mine so that i can get back in control of my life. He seemed absolutely baffled (and maybe a little angry) that i didnt smother him in hugs and kisses and thank him for his efforts. Now, im wondering if maybe I was not supportive enuff....was I just a bit*h?? Anyone have thoughts/suggestions??