Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
BrokenLilHorse

I am so sorry I have been away too. It is great to come back and see how well everyone is doing though!

I have to second everything Opio said!

@Dragon - it is awesome that you have lost count. At some points, I felt like I was counting the seconds. Also, it is great that you feel strong enough to tell the dentist no (even if it is in your own way!) Congrats on 18!

@Ollie - 2nd to Opio. I could never do a taper. I have so much respect for those who can. Unfortunately I am all or nothing. It is a bad way to be. You are doing awesome.

@Finally - I had the exact same problem. It was difficult to eat for 2 days and then it really picked up. Unfortunately since I am starting over with recovery, I cant tell you if it tapered. I think when I quit a year 1/2 ago it did. Congrats on 18 days!! Hopefully the hunger will lessen. I dont know about you - but I didnt really love when it picked up (the weight that is!)

@Opio - Nice to see you again! I am still sober but I feel like I am on really rocky ground. I am in a weird place and I dont know why. I dont know why I am still fighting help. I know that I absolutely need it, but it is so much easier to pretend there isnt a problem. I am taking it easy for now and just not using. I know I need to really deal with my addiction soon.

Again, I am so happy to see everyone is doing so well. Keep strong everyone!