View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by MadeOfGlass View Post
There's the rub once we start to pull our head out of the sand...there's no going back to ignorance, we can't unlearn what we have learned, and so this thread will be for you, Liz.
You could run away from this thread and this forum, stick your head back in the sand, and go on status quo...but I see you are interested in learning about yourself!

I feel for you, I have been there.
I also realized that my own lack of a backbone and having a "wishbone" instead has been a big part of my problem.
We can hide behind niceness...quite successfully, but we don't feel better for doing so, and for good reason. Life is not for the faint of heart...a little twist on a Shelley quote I must add to the list of quotes!
Dang. Someone filled in that hold in the ground where my head was buried and you're saying I can't put my head back in there? Life is sooooo not fair! That's OK, though, because I know deep down that it will all work out, whichever way that goes according to my Higher Power's plan.

I also think one of my big fears is of being a single parent. Last night my son was up getting weepy at midnight because he couldn't sleep. My AH was out of town for work and it wasn't that big of a deal, but sometimes I defer to AH when ds is frustrated or giving me trouble. I guess there's a part of me that likes having back up around and knowing that I'm "IT" when it comes to parenting. It scares the crap out of me!