View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
XXXXXXXXXX

X has court tomorrow

I had no idea. I have been so busy living my life and enjoying the peace that the restraining order gave me.

Today I get a text from his mom, asking about my recent job interviews. we texted back and forth for a minute and then I asked her how he was doing, which breaks the little rule we have about keeping him out of our chat.

I guess I opened up the door, but she told me that he had been sober for several days preparing for his hearing. The charge against him is violating the restraining order.

At the end of may when I got the temp order, he sent me several texts, asking me to drop it. They told me at my restraining order hearing that if he showed up there, they would arrest him for the texts.

He didn't show, but he did send more texts, and when they served him with the 180 day order, they arrested him. He bonded out very quickly, and I heard nothing else so I thought they dropped it.

I think his mom was feeling me out to ask me to get it dropped. She didn't outright ask, but did ask me if he had bothered me since, and I verified that I hadn't heard from him. Maybe she was also trying to figure out if I was going to testify. I had not been contacted by anyone so I guess the court doesn't expect me to either.

I wish I didn't know. UGH.