View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Mark75

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
I would be pretty pissed off if my husband got into this type of conversation with my parents

I'm not sure why this even needs to be a conversation (or letter writing) issue. Why so much more than a "Thank you for your concern, it sounds like we all want what's best for X"? Getting into the depth of recovery issues, relationship issues, issues with them..

That's just my opinion.
Mine too...

Your SO's parents felt the need to write to you... That is a lot right there, if they really hated your @ss, there would be no letter or maybe just an angry father knocking on your door. As I mentioned before, they sound like good honest caring people

Their daughter is an adult and can stand and speak for herself... Man, you are all talking about her like she is some kind of child.

I am going to say this again, in a supportive way, we are brothers in recovery and on the same side...

You are making this all about YOU. Stop that, her loving parents are concerned about their daughter ... who is approaching the culmination of years and years of education, hard work and lot's of money.... Get out of the way, this isn't your day, it's hers, let her have it and allow her the dignity to run her own life.