View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I doesn't sound to me like drinking is the issue here. You say you'll leave if he drinks again. Hasn't he been not drinking for a while now? Sounds to me like the issue is his attitude and the way he treats you; just his general narcissism and total disregard for your feelings and threats to divorce you if you attempt financial independence.

So, you had your little talk and what has changed? Anything?
Suki, he told me that he would quit after the DUI, but he didn't. He has been drinking and he does it when he travels or when I'm out of town. He's a binge drinker mostly anyway, so this fits him just fine.

and, to answer the question: nothing's changed. In my opinion, I feel worse. After our follow up talk the other night I realized that something he said rings true: He told me that if I didn't want to hear the truth, than I shouldn't have conversations with him. Yep, that sounds good.

I'm still po'd about him telling me that he justifies his p*rn watching because I'm not putting out. Yes, that's a healthy selfish response. Men have needs, you know and I'm not meeting them so therefore it's my fault that he needs p*rn. I'm just tired of everything being my fault.

Funny thing, though: we all got along wonderfully yesterday on our day trip. We went hiking, he was friendly and we all went to lunch, etc. We had a great family day. Except that I was the one sitting there knowing full well that it wouldn't last, it never does.