View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mrsbrownie

Originally Posted by Leise View Post
I do not believe that.

My once sweet and charming XABF turned hostile and threatened to shoot me when he found out that I had moved on and was not coming back to him. If you truly care about someone you do not threaten to harm them.

I hasten to add that when we parted it was amicable, and I hugged him goodbye, he did not want to stop drinking and drugging and I did not want a relationship with an addict. A year later when he found out that I was engaged to another the threats began in earnest.

My experience says they do not love, they merely use.

Lyn
sorry to hear that leise, i guess my experience is different, my xabf never tried to harm me...as in say bad things, my one and great challenge with him is that he cant, doesnt and wont STOP snorting...i know its a cliche to say we had the best of times together when he is sober of course, and even then when i see him or am with him when he is high...he doesnt really do anything other than pace around his one bedroom house for 2 days non-stop...doesnt say much other than...are you hungry? would you like to watch a movie? (dvd)...this is the time that i cry and beg him to stop using as i dont understand why he does this to himself when we can play golf or tennis or soccer outside...when his mom told me to stop helping him out and he is short of 2 months rent...then he went to the next enabler...who paid his 2 months rent...like i said, maybe the love he has or affection or whatever you want to call it may not be the same as what i expected but again they have feelings too.