View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
treadingwater

Yes I know you all are right!! Time is ticking and yes if he really wanted to save his stuff he would go out of his way to call the management and beg them to hold it one more day or what ever they would work out with him.
His thinking is so squed... He will tell me that "I" don't get it! He can't get clean unless he can detox....yadda, yadda,yadda! He says he'll be sick for at least a week and it will be worse than ever. Well, maybe that would be good that he feels the full consequences of withdrawl idk.
In the past, other than rehab he has gone to the emergency room for detox, oding, pancreatisis etc....probably even to get high???
So for him to say I don't get it...I'm like REALLY???
NO he doesn't get it. What's sad is I really believe he doesn't get it. It seems everything he should be doing on his own hinges on someone else doing something first!
He's always the victim, and that is why I worry about him. I know he's use to having someone rescue him and now he, so it seems, can not even rescue himself.
I am praying to GOD that this is not true!

tjp613 yes my son does have a trust which is quickly running out.
He has one more payout in December for 25K. This money has truly been a double edged sword!!! I look at all the opportunity he had to use that money for good and he has pissed it away!
This last payout he received he literally had to go through a finance company and to a judge for approval, since the payout wasn't to come do for a few years. He sold the trust to a finance company for pennies on the dollar. That was this past January. That is how I ended up with the money in my account. I know I should have never gotten involved, at the time he wanted me to keep the money, pay his roommate rent each month etc... the downside is we can see where it got me. Mom the enabler!!!
The year before he had rec'd 25K and he paid me back some of what he owed me and literally drugged the rest of the money away in a matter of a couple of months.

I wish like heck he wasn't getting that money in December. I feel like right now he is just buying his time until then. Like you were saying about your son's using rehab as a way of getting a roof over their heads. Our son has done this too and I'm not willing to participate in that.
I have told him many times when his money is gone, he will not be getting ours. Not again!!!

Okay it is almost noon and I am sitting tight!! I will take all your worthy, much appreciated advice! I am reminded by all of you that this is what they do! I should know better by now, this has been going on for years and the results speak for themselves. Thank you all for reinforcing my backbone!!!

I like what Ann said .."Doing nothing is an ACTION!"