View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mayan

Unhappy Is this a RED flag?

My RAH is on his 13th day sobriety, 13th day in NA meetings so far, so good. Since we are far apart, he is presently living with his mom and brother. The other day before he went to the meeting, he called me (he regularly does everyday), and has admitted that his addiction was screaming sooooo loud, that he prayed and went on with the meeting. Very thankful that he survived the day. Later that night he told me that he saw his brother (who is a long time confirmed addict) with a friend in their house before he went to the meeting, and he knows exactly what they've been doing. That's when he heard his addiction screaming so loud. At this point, I want to ask, is it healthy for a recovering addict to continue to stay in the house with his brother who is still engage in addiction? Is this a red flag? Once my RAH told me, he wants to move out immediately when I get there. Do i push him to move out even if am still where I am right now? Or is it really through his willingness to recover regardless of who he is living with?